Tsinghua University's Nonhuman Primate Research Center is under the management of Tsinghua Laboratory of Brain and Intelligence (THBI). The center studies the brain function, brain imaging, and brain diseases of Common Marmoset (Callithrix jacchus). THBI is an interdisciplinary research institute established by Tsinghua University in 2017, the concentration of which is the intersection of brain science and artificial intelligence. The Nonhuman Primate Research Center is an over 1500m2 animal research facility located within Tsinghua University with about 500 apes. It is established and managed according to international standards of nonhuman primate laboratory. The goal of the center is to provide cutting-edge research platforms for researchers and scholars interested in neuroscience and provide the most authoritative nonhuman primate model of developmental, mental, and neurodegenerative diseases of the human brain. We are currently recruiting the following positions:
POSITION 1: Veterinarian (1 person)
1. Assisting in the establishment and development of standard operating procedures for animal experiments;
2. Responsible for experimental animal’s feeding, health management, and welfare construction;
3. Responsible for the prevention and treatment of common diseases in experimental animals; responsible for the supervision and reporting of animals during the experiment;
4. Assisting animal center researchers in performing various surgical operations;
5. Completing other tasks assigned by the center coordinator.
1. Bachelor degree or above in animal medicine or clinical medicine with a strong willing to have a long-term career in animal medicine;
2. Previous experience in animal management and animal disease prevention;
3. Previous experience with nonhuman primates and professional veterinary qualification certificate preferred;
4. Excellent English expression ability and able to adapt to the English-speaking working environment;
5. Having good communication and coordination skills, teamwork spirit, proactive work, and a strong sense of responsibility.
Position 2: Laboratory Animal Embryo Micromanipulation Technician (1 person)
1. Responsible for detecting ovulation in experimental animals, using exogenous reproductive hormones for superovulation;
2. Responsible for In Vitro Fertilization, sperm and embryo freezing, and resuscitation;
3. Responsible for microscopic operation experiments such as DNA and RNA injection, single sperm injection, and nuclear transfer operation of experimental animals;
4. Completing other tasks assigned by the center coordinator.
1. College degree or above in zoology, biology, medicine, or related majors, with strong experimental manipulation abilities;
2. Professional background in molecular biology and microinjection work experience preferred;
3. Having good communication and coordination skills, teamwork spirit, proactive work, and a strong sense of responsibility.
Tsinghua University's labor contract provides competitive salaries and benefits. The specific remuneration package depends on the candidates’ qualifications and experience.
Applicants should send their resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the title of the email: Nonhuman Primate Research Center Veterinary/Technician Application + the applicant’s name. Select applicants will be contacted for an interview.