The position offered is a Postdoc at the Center for Complex Network Intelligence (CCNI), in Tsinghua Laboratory of Brain and Intelligence (THBI).
The candidate, in cooperation with the other members of the team at the CCNI, will contribute to research and to develop pioneering algorithms at the interface between information science, physics of complex systems, complex networks and machine intelligence, with a particular focus on brain/life-inspired computing for big data analysis.
The research consists both of theoretical topics, which are exploited to design novel and more efficient artificial intelligence algorithms; as well as applied topics, in which the computational tools that have been designed are applied to different scientific domains, such as neuroscience, computational biomedicine and socio-economic data science.
Tsinghua Laboratory of Brain and Intelligence (THBI) is a new stand-alone interdisciplinary research institute established by Tsinghua University. The institute aims to answer foundational questions about the nature of intelligence - in mind, brain, and artificial systems - through cutting -edge, interdisciplinary research efforts. THBI brings together domestic and international scholars from a broad range of fields in the areas of brain science, artificial intelligence, and cognitive science.
· PhD degree in computer science/engineering (or equivalent computational sciences)
· Excellent programming skills (the research is often performed in MATLAB, therefore knowledge of MATLAB is welcome)
· Machine learning and network science experience is valued
· Good communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English
· Strong motivation and commitment to the work
(1) Candidates enjoy all postdoctoral policies and benefits of Tsinghua University (for details please refer to http://postdoctor.tsinghua.edu.cn/) including basic salary, settlement, children’s enrollment, housing and other related benefits. At the same time, we fully support selected candidates to apply for various postdoctoral fellows funds, youth funds, post-doctoral talent projects (such as "Shuimu Scholars" of Tsinghua University).
(2) We will provide postdoctoral fellows with a high-level scientific research platform and scientific research environment, as well as competitive wages and bonuses, and support the application for additional funding from related postdoctoral talent support programs or other fund projects.
Applicants should send a CV including publication list to all the following addresses:
· Prof. Carlo Vittorio Cannistraci, Director of CCNI, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Dr. Alessandro Muscoloni, Assistant Prof. at CCNI, email@example.com
· Yuanyuan Song, Administrative Assistant at THBI, firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates selected for interview will need to ask to referees to send three reference letters to the same addresses provided above.
The review of applications is ongoing and will continue until positions are filled.
Prof. Carlo Vittorio Cannistraci, Director of CCNI
Dr. Alessandro Muscoloni, Assistant Prof. at CCNI